The Site Rehabilitation Program (SRP) provides grants to oil field service contractors to perform well, pipeline, facility, and oil and gas site closure and reclamation work.
Contractors who have been approved for an SRP grant must submit invoicing to receive their interim and final grant payments. An optional invoice template in Word and PDF fillable formats is available for your use.
Follow these steps to submit your interim and final invoicing on the SRP application site.
Submitting an invoice
Step 1. Make sure you have the following documentation
You will need the following to fill out the invoice and reporting forms on the SRP application site – known as the Electronic Transfer System – and submit a payment request:
- a copy of the invoice from your company to the licensee for the work completed to date
- the invoice must be verified and signed by the licensee
- the invoice must not include ineligible costs such as:
- administration fees, commissions and marketing expenses
- costs of work to prepare for contract bids, grant applications or contracts
- similar costs not directly incurred in relation to eligible closure activities
- overhead-related expenses such as cell phone charges, vehicle purchase payments, insurance payments, etc.
Your interim invoice report must be reviewed and approved before you can submit a final payment request for the same grant, unless you are ready to submit only one final payment request for the grant application.
If you are ready to submit the final invoice report at the same time as any interim invoices, you are now able to skip making an interim payment request for completed projects. If you skip the interim payment request, it is a permanent decision that is not reversible in the Electronic Transfer System.
You will also need the following to submit your final invoice report:
- submission ID numbers from Alberta Energy Regulator’s OneStop system for any major closure milestones
You can only upload one PDF file to ETS for each payment request so make sure to combine all documents into one PDF before uploading. If you upload a second PDF file, the first will be deleted and replaced.
Before interim or final payment is issued, prime contractors and lead contractors must show that their sub-contractors have been paid for the work completed to date.
Sufficient proof of payment includes a copy of:
- an electronic transfer of funds with bank or other financial institution transaction numbers,
- a deposit transaction record,
- a processed/cleared cheque with bank endorsement information, or
- a document from the sub-contractor confirming payment receipt.
Step 2. Fill out the Invoice and Reporting Form online
Follow the steps in the updated Invoice and Reporting Guidelines (PDF, 2.7 MB) to submit interim and final payment requests using the online SRP application site – known as the Electronic Transfer System (ETS). You will use your existing ETS Site Rehabilitation Program user ID and password to log in to ETS and submit a payment request.
You can only submit one interim and one final payment request for each grant – ETS will not accept multiple payment requests for either interim or final payments. Make sure you have all required documentation to make a full interim or final payment request before submitting.
Optional invoice templates
After invoice report submission
We will review and verify your invoice report. Once this is done and the invoice report is approved for payment, you will receive your next grant instalment, either by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or cheque – whichever payment method you identified as preferable. We anticipate that you will receive your grant instalment within 30 days after submitting your invoice report.
Grant payments will be made by electronic funds transfer (EFT) or by cheque issued by Alberta Energy, whichever is preferred. To get an EFT payment, you must complete an Application for EFT Direct Deposit form when you sign and return your first grant agreement. Only one EFT Direct Deposit Form is required for one company even if they are receiving multiple grants. If you change your banking information after the first grant payment, fill out the Application for EFT Direct Deposit Form (PDF, 589 KB) and submit to [email protected] for processing.