Drama. The publisher of Allen Ginsberg’s poem, Howl is tried for distributing obscene material.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, in sexual and non-sexual contexts; frequent use of scatological slang and vulgar expressions
- Frequent use of coarse sexual language
- One use of a sexual slur
- Portrayals of sexual activity
- Portrayal of birth—some detail
- One portrayal of breast nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals and references of illegal drug use for recreational purposes
- Frequent portrayals of tobacco use
- Challenging community standards
- Defining and interpreting literature
- Conformity versus free expression
Rated 14A for sexual content, substance abuse and coarse language.