Search for a film(Restricted)
Dir: Andrew Dominik. Drama. Based on the novel by Joyce Carol Oates. Follows a fictionalized version of the life of Marilyn Monroe (Ana de Armas), including her film career, and her marriages to two men (Bobby Cannavale, Adrien Brody).
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of profanity, cursing, scatological slang, vulgar expressions, and sexual slurs
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual violence - some male genital nudity, some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand violence in a domestic context, some involving children, some including breast nudity - some blood and detail; infrequent portrayals of non-consensual medical procedures including hand-to-hand violence - some genital nudity
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity - some breast and buttock nudity
- Frequent breast nudity, and infrequent buttock and female frontal nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of smoking, alcohol use, and prescription drug abuse - some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions - some detail
- Gender and power
- Public versus private lives
- Coping with fame
Rated R for sexual content and sexual violence
Classification dateSeptember 09, 2022
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.