Search for a film(14A) Brutal Violence, Coarse Language
Dir: Scott Derrickson. Horror. Based on the short story by Joe Hill. After getting kidnapped by a serial child-killer (Ethan Hawke) in 1978 Denver, a teenager (Mason Thames) held captive communicates with the spirits of previous victims via a phone in the basement.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context; Frequent use of scatological slang, profanity, vulgar expressions, and homophobic and developmental slurs
- Frequent portrayals of weapon and hand-to-hand violence, some in a horror context - some blood and brutal detail
- Frequent portrayals of frightening scenes and paranormal phenomena - some blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and drug use in a recreational context
- Family dynamics and trauma
- Power and control
Rated 14A for coarse language and brutal violence in a genre context
Classification dateJune 09, 2022
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.