COVID-19 Updates: Taking steps to return to normal.
Search for a film(18A)
Dir: Audrey Diwan. French-language Drama. Based on the book by Annie Ernaux. In France during the 1960s, a young woman (Anamaria Vartolomei) becomes pregnant and decides to take matters into her own hands.
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of vulgar expressions and sexual slurs
- Breif portrayal of mild hand-to-hand violence in a domestic context - no blood or detail
- Infrequent portrayals of abortion - little blood, detail; portrayal of an aborted fetus - blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexually suggestive scenes and sexual activity - breast and buttock nudity, detail
- Frequent buttock, breast, and female frontal nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco and alcohol use in a recreational context
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions - little detail
- Reproductive freedom
- The dangers and costs of illegal abortion in 1960s France
- Youth, gender, and power
Rated 18A for mature subject matter, nudity, sexual content, and thematic content including abortion
Classification dateMay 12, 2022
Was this page helpful?
You will not receive a reply. Do not enter any personal information such as telephone numbers, addresses, or emails.
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.