Search for a film(Parental Guidance) Coarse Language
Dir: Tracey Deer. Drama. In 1990, a young Mohawk girl (Kiawentiio) is forced to grow up fast, as she lives through the Oka Crisis at Kanesatake.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in an aggressive context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, vulgar expressions, and developmental and ethno-cultural slurs
- Infrequent use of sexual language and references - some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence - no blood, some detail
- Portrayal of self-harm - little blood and detail
- Portrayal of a sexual assault - no nudity or detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context - some involving minors
- Coming of Age
- Canadian history
Rated 14A for coarse language, violence, and mature subject matter
Classification dateJuly 14, 2021
Was this page helpful?
Your submissions are monitored by our web team and are used to help improve the experience on Alberta.ca. If you require a response, please go to our Contact page.
You will not receive a reply. Submissions that include telephone numbers, addresses, or emails will be removed.