- New mandatory public health measures in effect April 6.
- Many Albertans 16+ are now eligible to get vaccinated. Book your shot.
COVID-19 response: Movie theatres must close
Effective December 13, 2020 some businesses are required to close, reduce capacity or limit their in-person access. This includes movie theatres. These mandatory restrictions apply provincewide and will remain in place until further notice.
Learn more about mandatory public health measures in Alberta.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, were first allowed to reopen in June.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Dir: Evan Spiliotopoulos. Horror. Hoping to revive his sagging career, a disgraced journalist (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) investigates the case of a non-verbal deaf woman (Cricket Brown) who is suddenly cured and claims to communicate with the Virgin Mary.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to hand and weapons violence, some in a suicide context - no blood, some detail
- Frequent portrayals of transformations and frightening scenes in a horror context - no blood, some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context
- Uncovering the truth
- Appearance versus reality
- Faith and deception
Rated 14A for frightening scenes