COVID-19 response: Movie theatres must close
Effective December 13, 2020 some businesses are required to close, reduce capacity or limit their in-person access. This includes movie theatres. These mandatory restrictions apply provincewide and will remain in place until further notice.
Learn more about mandatory public health measures in Alberta.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, were first allowed to reopen in June.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Dir: Azazel Jacobs. Comedy/Drama. Based on the novel by Patrick DeWitt. After learning that she will no longer be receiving her inheritance, a widow (Michelle Pfeiffer) sells off her belongings and moves to Paris with her son (Lucas Hedges) and their cat.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in a sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and developmental slurs
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand violence - no blood, little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of corpses - no blood, some detail
- Infrequent references to suicide - little detail
- Brief portrayal of a sex toy in a non-sexual context - little detail
- Frequent portrayals of tobacco and alcohol use in a recreational context
- Mother/son bonds
- Coping with loss
- Class and ennui
Rated 14A for coarse language