COVID-19 response: Movie theatres must close
Effective December 13, 2020 some businesses are required to close, reduce capacity or limit their in-person access. This includes movie theatres. These mandatory restrictions apply provincewide and will remain in place until further notice.
Learn more about mandatory public health measures in Alberta.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, were first allowed to reopen in June.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Dir: Lu Yang. Mandarin-language Fantasy/Adventure. Six years after the abduction of his daughter, a man (Lei Jiayin) is hired to kill the author of a fantasy novel, but the world of the novel seems to intersect with reality.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and vulgar expressions
- Frequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence in a fantasy context - much blood and brutal detail
- Frequent portrayals of monsters, transformations, and frightening scenes - some blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco use in a recreational context
- Parent/child bonds
- Uncovering the truth
- Appearance versus reality
Rated 14A for violence and frightening scenes in a genre context