COVID-19 response: Movie theatres must close
Effective December 13, 2020 some businesses are required to close, reduce capacity or limit their in-person access. This includes movie theatres. These mandatory restrictions apply provincewide and will remain in place until further notice.
Learn more about mandatory public health measures in Alberta.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, were first allowed to reopen in June. They are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Dir: Matt Bissonnette. Drama. A poetry professor (Gabriel Byrne) who drinks heavily begins to have hallucinations, and is diagnosed with a brain tumour.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in a sexual context; frequent use of profanity and scatological slang; infrequent use of cursing and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence - some blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of detailed sexual activity - breast, buttock, and female frontal nudity
- Frequent, detailed portrayals of illegal substance abuse and alcohol abuse; frequent portrayals of smoking in a recreational context
- Parent-child bonds
- The complexities of relationships
- Reconciling the past
Rated 14A for sexual content and substance abuse