COVID-19 response: Movie theatres must close
Effective December 13, 2020 some businesses are required to close, reduce capacity or limit their in-person access. This includes movie theatres. These mandatory restrictions apply provincewide and will remain in place until further notice.
Learn more about mandatory public health measures in Alberta.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, were first allowed to reopen in June. They are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Dir: Paul W. S. Anderson. Action/Fantasy. Based on the Capcom video game. When a US Army Ranger (Milla Jovovich) and her crew are transported to a new world, they have to battle monsters to survive.
- Frequent use of cursing; infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence in a fantasy context - some blood and detail
- Frequent portrayals of frightening scenes in a fantasy context - some blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context - little detail
- Facing the unknown
Rated 14A for violence in a genre context