COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to remain open
Effective November 27, 2020 new restrictions will limit the amount of contact between people in the community, while still allowing businesses to offer services. Movie theatres in enhanced status (purple) areas may remain open with capacity limited to 25% of the occupancy as set under the Alberta Fire Code.
Learn more about new mandatory public health measures in Alberta.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, were first allowed to reopen in June. They are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Dir: Miloš Forman. Based on the stage play by Peter Shaffer. Court composer Antonio Salieri (F. Murray Abraham) recounts his contemptuous and jealous relationship with Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (Tom Hulce).
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Brief portrayal of injury in a self-harm context - some blood, little detail; infrequent portrayals of illness - little detail
- Infrequent breast, buttock, and male frontal nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol use, some in an addiction context
- Life of the artist
- Talent versus genius
Rated PG for nudity, substance use, and mild coarse language