COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to remain open
Effective November 27, 2020 new restrictions will limit the amount of contact between people in the community, while still allowing businesses to offer services. Movie theatres in enhanced status (purple) areas may remain open with capacity limited to 25% of the occupancy as set under the Alberta Fire Code.
Learn more about new mandatory public health measures in Alberta.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, were first allowed to reopen in June. They are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Dir: Gabriel Range. Drama. In 1971, David Bowie (Johnny Flynn) embarks on an underfunded promotional tour of the United States.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, vulgar expressions, and sexual slurs
- Infrequent use of sexual references – little detail
- Portrayal of sexual activity – no nudity, some detail
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol, tobacco, cannabis, and illegal substance use in a recreational context
- The artistic temperament
- Public versus private lives
- Mental illness
Rated 14A for coarse language and substance use