COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to remain open
Effective November 27, 2020 new restrictions will limit the amount of contact between people in the community, while still allowing businesses to offer services. Movie theatres in enhanced status (purple) areas may remain open with capacity limited to 25% of the occupancy as set under the Alberta Fire Code.
Learn more about new mandatory public health measures in Alberta.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, were first allowed to reopen in June. They are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Dir: Stephen Norrington. Action/Horror. Based on the Marvel comic book character by Marv Wolfman and Gene Colan. A partial vampire, Blade (Wesley Snipes) hunts vampires (Stephen Dorff, Donal Logue, Arly Jover) with help from his mentor (Kris Kristofferson) and a doctor (N'Bushe Wright).
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context; frequent use of profanity; infrequent use of cursing, scatological slang, and vulgar expressions
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence in a supernatural context - much blood, gore, and wound detail
- Frequent portrayals of frightening content, nightmarish imagery, and transformations in a supernatural context - some bloody detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexually suggestive scenes - no nudity, little detail
- Good and evil
- Power struggles
- Power and control
Rated 18A for gory violence