COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to remain open
Effective November 27, 2020 new restrictions will limit the amount of contact between people in the community, while still allowing businesses to offer services. Movie theatres in enhanced status (purple) areas may remain open with capacity limited to 25% of the occupancy as set under the Alberta Fire Code.
Learn more about new mandatory public health measures in Alberta.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, were first allowed to reopen in June. They are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Dir: Jennifer Abbott, Joel Bakan. Documentary. Based on the book 'The New Corporation: How "Good" Corporations Are Bad for Democracy' by Joel Bakan. An examination of how the world's wealthiest corporations have strategically rebranded themselves as socially responsible entities while continuing to record record profits.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang and profanity
- Infrequent depictions of weapons and hand-to-hand violence in a civil unrest context; infrequent depictions of medical procedures in an emergency context - some blood and detail
- Greed, power, and corruption
- Activism and empowerment
- Perspectives on privatization
Rated PG for coarse language and violence in a documentary context