COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to remain open
Effective November 27, 2020 new restrictions will limit the amount of contact between people in the community, while still allowing businesses to offer services. Movie theatres in enhanced status (purple) areas may remain open with capacity limited to 25% of the occupancy as set under the Alberta Fire Code.
Learn more about new mandatory public health measures in Alberta.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, were first allowed to reopen in June. They are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Documentary. An in-depth look at the life and work of artist Frida Khalo.
- Infrequent use of vulgar expressions
- Infrequent portrayals of miscarriage, death, and weapons violence in an art context - blood and some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of nightmarish imagery in an art context
- Infrequent breast and female frontal nudity in a non-sexual, art context
- Coping with trauma
- Life of the artist
Rated PG for mature subject matter, nudity, and violence in an art context