COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Fantasy/Drama. Based on the novel by Eden Robinson. In an effort to turn her life around, a young indigenous woman (Grace Dove) returns to her hometown and discovers how dysfunctional her family has become.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence
- Infrequent portrayals of paranormal activity and transformations in a fantasy context - some detail
- Infrequent references to sexual assault - little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context
- Generational trauma
- The bonds of family
- Coping with loss
Rated 14A for coarse language