COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama. A couple (Sarah Gadon, Christopher Abbott) entertain a filmmaker (Aubry Plaza) who is taking a retreat at their remote cabin.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in a sexual or aggressive context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent use of sexual language and references - little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence - little blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity - buttock nudity, some detail
- Infrequent buttock and female frontal nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol, tobacco, and cannabis use in a recreational context
- Jealousy and manipulation
- Complexities of romantic relationships
- The artistic temperament
Rated 14A for coarse language and sexual content