COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Horror. While his parents (Gillian Jacobs, John Gallagher Jr.) deal with their troubled marriage, an autistic boy (Azhy Robertson) is targeted by a friendship seeking monster through his mobile communication app.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and cursing
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand violence, some in a bullying context, some in a horror context - no blood, some detail
- Frequent portrayals of monsters, transformations, and frightening scenes - some detail
- Loneliness and belonging
- The importance of friendship
- Parent/child bonds
Rated 14A for frightening scenes