COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Musical/Horror/Comedy. Based on the musical and the 1960 film. A meek florist (Rick Moranis) finds temporary success when he discovers a new plant, but finds that things are not as they seem.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, vulgar expressions, and sexual slurs
- Infrequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence - little blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of suffering, intense dentistry, and death - little blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of monsters and frightening scenes
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco and nitrous oxide use in a recreational context
- Power and control
- The working class
- Love and acceptance
Rated PG for frightening scenes, coarse language, and violence