COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama/Comedy. An aging fast food worker (Richard Jenkins) trains his young replacement (Shane Paul McGhie).
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, vulgar expressions, and developmental slurs
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand violence - little blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco, cannabis, and illegal substance use in a recreational context
Rated 14A for coarse language, substance use, and violence