COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Horror/Thriller. After waking up in an abandoned asylum with no memory of who they are, a man (Thomas Cocquerel) and a woman (Camille Stopps) discover their lives are in the hands of a sadistic doctor (Angus Macfayden).
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang and profanity
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence in horror and torture contexts - much blood, some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of corpses and body parts - some blood and gory detail
- Coping with trauma
Rated 14A for coarse language and violence in a genre context