COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Thriller. The new teacher (Perry King) at a troubled high school clashes with the leader (Timothy Van Patten) of a punk gang.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang; infrequent use of cursing, profanity, vulgar expressions, and sexual slurs
- Frequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence, some involving animals, some involving self-harm - much blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual violence involving prolonged terror - no nudity
- Infrequent portrayals of sexually suggestive scenes - no nudity
- Infrequent breast, buttock, and frontal nudity in a non-sexual context
- Frequent portrayals of smoking, alcohol use, and illegal substance use and trafficking - some detail
- Power and control
- Fear and manipulation
- Generational divides
Rated 18A for sexual violence and violence