COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Documentary. A whistleblower launches a campaign against marine mammal captivity at Canada's Marineland.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent depictions of animal suffering, injury, mistreatment, and neglect - little detail
- Infrequent depictions of alcohol, tobacco, and cannabis use in a recreational context
- Power and corruption
- Animal rights
- Compassion and empathy
Rated PG for coarse language, substance use, and mature subject matter