COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama. Based on the novel by J.G. Ballard. After a man (James Spader) is injured in a car accident, he and his girlfriend (Deborah Kara Unger) get involved with an underground group (Elias Koteas, Holly Hunter, Rosanna Arquette, Peter MacNeill) who find car accidents sexually fascinating.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive, some in a sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions; frequent use of sexually detailed language
- Frequent, detailed portrayals of vehicular violence, accident, injury, and death, some involving animals - some blood and detail
- Frequent portrayals of sexual activity, much involving wounds, injuries, and consensual acts of violence - breast, buttock, and female frontal nudity, and much detail
- Frequent breast, buttock, and female frontal nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco and cannabis use in a recreational context
- Sexual experimentation
Rated R for sexual content and disturbing content