COVID-19: State of public health emergency declared. Mandatory measures are in effect.
COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Horror. Based on the short story "The Quiet Boy" by Nick Antosca. When one of her students (Jeremy T. Thomas) begins to exhibit strange behavior, a teacher (Keri Russell) enlists the help of her police officer brother (Jesse Plemons) to investigate.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, vulgar expressions, and sexual slurs
- Frequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence context– some blood and gory detail
- Frequent portrayals of frightening scenes, monsters, and transformations – some blood and disturbing detail
- Sibling bonds
- Living with trauma
- Folklore and myth
Rated 18A for gory and frightening scenes in a genre context