COVID-19: State of public health emergency declared. Mandatory measures are in effect.
COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Horror/Comedy. A man (Chris Sharp) accepts a random party invitation only to discover that a cabal of artists (Stacy Rock, Macon Blair, Paul Goldblatt, William Lacey) intend to murder him for the sake of art.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in a sexual context; infrequent use of cursing, profanity, scatological slang, vulgar expressions, sexual references, and ethno-cultural, sexual, and developmental slurs
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence - much blood and detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity - no nudity, little detail
- Infrequent breast nudity in a non-sexual context
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol, tobacco, cannabis, and illegal substance use - some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions - little detail
- Perspectives on modern art
- Power and control
- Interpersonal dynamics
Rated 14A for violence, substance abuse, and coarse language