COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
French-language Animation/Fantasy. A lonely young man (voice of Hakim Faris) pines for a librarian (voice of Victoire Du Bois), while his severed hand pines for him.
- One use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent use of sexual references – some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand violence and accidental injury – some blood and detail
- Brief portrayal of sexual activity – no nudity, little detail
- Brief male genital nudity in a non-sexual, artistic context
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco and alcohol use in a recreational context
- Longing and belonging
- Alienation and loneliness
- Human connection
Rated PG for coarse language, violence, substance use, and some sexual content