COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama. In 1920s America, a Dutch immigrant (Christanne de Bruijn) pursues her dream of becoming a conductor.
- Infrequent use of profanity and vulgar expressions
- Portrayal of sexual harassment – no nudity, some detail
- Portrayal of a sexually suggestive scene – no nudity, little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco and alcohol use in a recreational context
- Gender and power
- Self-expression through music
- Commitment and determination
Rated PG for some coarse language and mature subject matter