COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Action. An unexceptional man (Daniel Radcliffe) is kidnapped, surgically modified, and forced to participate in a violent online game against a violent killer (Samara Weaving).
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and profanity; infrequent use of vulgar expressions
- Pervasive portrayals of brutal gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence - much blood, some detail
- Infrequent male genital nudity in a non-sexual, crude context - little detail
- Frequent portrayals of illegal substance use and abuse - some detail; infrequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context - little detail
- Social commentary
- Coping with trauma
Rated 18A for frequent brutal violence