COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Russian-language Science Fiction. Sequel to 'Attraction' (2017). Three years after an alien (Rinal Mukhametov) died after befriending a Russian woman (Irina Starshenbaum), he returns to her life but they are both being hunted by an artificial intelligence.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence - little blood or detail
- Infrequent portrayals of transformation and frightening scenes in a science fiction context - little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context - little detail
- Trust and digital media
- The importance of friendship
- Appearance versus reality
Rated PG for violence and frightening scenes in a science fiction context