COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Comedy/Drama. After the legalization of marijuana, a self-styled weed expert (Jess Salguerio) struggles to make a living when the Ontario government opens cannabis dispensaries.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, some in a sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, sexual language, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent breast nudity in a non-sexual, artistic context
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol, cannabis, and illegal drug use in a recreational context
- Perspectives on cannabis legalization
- Loyalty and trust
Rated 14A for coarse language and substance abuse