COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Malayalam-language Drama. After he is arrested for transporting liquor in a region where alcohol is prohibited, a retired soldier (Prithviraj Sukumaran) uses his influence to disrupt the life of a police officer (Biju Menon).
- Infrequent use of cursing and profanity
- Frequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence – no blood, some detail; infrequent portrayals of gun violence – no blood or detail
- Infrequent portrayals of tobacco and alcohol use in a recreational context
- Power and control
- Revenge and escalation
Rated PG for violence and some substance use