COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama. A prison warden (Alfre Woodard) begins questioning herself as she prepares to execute another death row inmate (Aldis Hodge).
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, and profanity
- Infrequent portrayals of self-harm - little blood and detail; infrequent portrayals of detailed suffering and execution by lethal injection - little blood, detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context
- Perspectives on the death penalty
- Complexities of relationships
- Duty versus morality
Rated 14A for coarse language and mature subject matter