COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Documentary. An account of the history of the American psychedelic rock band the Grateful Dead, using a combination of interviews, recordings, and archival footage.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context; frequent use of profanity and scatological slang; infrequent use of cursing and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent depictions of hand-to-hand and weapons violence in a documentary context
- Frequent breast, buttock, and male genital nudity in a non-sexual context
- Pervasive depictions of and references to illegal substance use in a documentary context; frequent portrayals of smoking, alcohol use, and cannabis use in a documentary context
- The history of American psychedelic rock
- The American counterculture
- The impact of the Grateful Dead on American society
Rated 14A for coarse language and substance use