COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Documentary. The life and work of neuroscientist, physician, and author Dr. Oliver Sacks.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent use of sexual language and references - some detail
- Infrequent depictions of weapons violence in a war context - no blood or detail
- Brief breast nudity in an art context
- Infrequent depictions of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context; infrequent references to substance abuse - little detail
- Belonging and acceptance
- Neuroscience, medicine, and observation
- Disrupting stereotypes and stigma
Rated PG for mature subject matter and coarse language in a documentary context