COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Mandarin-language Fantasy/Animated. An immortal warrior (voice of Zheng Xi) must protect a young girl from a demon.
- Infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Frequent portrayals of weapons and hand-to-hand violence, often in a fantasy context – little blood, some detail
- Frequent portrayals of monsters, transformations, and frightening scenes in a fantasy context – some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions in a comedic context – little detail
- Good versus evil
- Honour and duty
- Uncovering the truth
Rated PG for genre violence and frightening scenes