COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Comedy/Fantasy. In 1987, a teenage boy (Mason McNulty) receives a VHS camera for Christmas and starts recording home videos over a tape of his parents' wedding and the contents start to merge with reality.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang; infrequent use of sexually suggestive language in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of gun and hand-to-hand violence - some blood, little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of frightening scenes - little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol use; infrequent references to illegal substances - little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions - some detail
- Creativity and self-expression
- Technology and phenomena
Rated 14A for coarse language