COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama. After finding out she's pregnant, a 17-year-old girl (Sydney Flanigan) and her cousin (Talia Ryder) travel from their small Pennsylvania town to New York City to get an abortion.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and sexual slurs
- Infrequent portrayals of violence in a self-harm context - no blood, some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexually suggestive scenes - no nudity, little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context, some involving teenagers
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions - some blood, little detail
- Solidarity and support
- Perspectives on pregnancy
- Navigating adolescence
Rated PG for mature subject matter involving abortion, as well as some coarse language, sexual suggestive scenes, and substance use