COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama. Based on the novel by Susan Choi. In the 1970s, an underground political activist (Hong Chau) agrees to help members of a terrorist organization (John Gallager Jr., Lola Kirke) and a kidnapped heiress (Sarah Gadon).
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, vulgar expressions, and ethno-cultural slurs
- Infrequent use of sexual language - little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence - little blood, no detail
- Brief buttock nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in recreational and historical contexts
- Group dynamics
- Accountability and complicity
- Power and control
Rated 14A for violence and coarse language