COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Short Film Compilation. The five Academy-nominated documentary short films are "In The Absence" (South Korea/USA), "Learning to Skateboard in a Warzone (If You're a Girl)" (UK), "Life Overtakes Me" (Sweden/USA), "St. Louis Superman" (USA), and "Walk Run Cha-Cha" (USA).
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive and variations in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Frequent depictions of a boat disaster - little detail; infrequent depictions of weapons violence in a war zone context – no blood, little detail
- Frequent references to police violence, sexual assault, death, and war – no blood, little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol use in a recreational context
- Variety of cinematic expression
- Coping with loss and trauma
Rated PG for mature subject matter and violence