COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Short Film Compilation. The five Academy-nominated short films are "Brotherhood", "Nefta Football Club", "The Neighbor's Window", "Saria", and "A Sister".
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, vulgar expressions, and sexual slurs
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand and weapons violence – some blood and detail
- Infrequent references to sexual violence – little detail
- Frequent portrayals of tobacco use in a recreational context; infrequent portrayals of illegal substances in a trafficking context
- Variety of cinematic expression
- Connection and communication
- Helping others
Rated 14A for coarse language and some violence