COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Malayalam-language Crime/Action. A money lender (Mammootty) is owed money by some film producers, but they work with a corrupt police officer (Siddique) to keep from paying.
- Infrequent use of cursing, profanity, and scatological slang
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapons, and hand-to-hand violence, some in a torture context - much blood, some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of smoking and alcohol use in a recreational context - little detail
- Quest for revenge
- Appearance versus reality
- Battle of wits
Rated 14A for frequent violence