COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Persian-language Documentary. When Afghani filmmaker Hassan Fazili gets a bounty on his head from the Taliban, he and his family become refugees as they cross various international borders seeking asylum.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of cursing, scatological slang, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent depictions of injury and corpses in a documentary context - some blood, little detail; infrequent descriptions of violence - some detail
- Infrequent depictions of smoking in a documentary context
- Refugees and stateless persons
- The struggle for survival
- The bonds of family
Rated PG for coarse language and violence in a documentary context