COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Horror/Science Fiction. Based on the short story by H.P. Lovecraft. After a meteorite lands on their farm, a family (Nicolas Cage, Joely Richardson, Madeleine Arthur) notice that strange things start happening.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of profanity, cursing, scatological slang, and vulgar expressions
- Frequent portrayals of gun, weapon, and hand-to-hand violence in science fiction and horror contexts - some blood, much gory detail, and much suffering
- Pervasive portrayals of nightmarish images and transformations - much gory detail and suffering
- Infrequent portrayals of smoking and alcohol use in a recreational context - little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of crude bodily functions - some detail
- Unexplained phenomena
- Family dynamics
- Coping with change
Rated 18A for frequent, detailed violence and frightening scenes