COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Spanish/English-language Documentary. The life and work of troubled artist Frida Kahlo.
- Frequent portrayals of violence and nightmarish imagery in an artistic context - some blood and detail
- Infrequent references to sexual activity - little detail
- Frequent breast, buttock, and female frontal nudity, most in an artistic context, some in a photographic context
- Infrequent depictions of tobacco use in a recreational context
- Coping with pain and loss
- The artistic temperament
Rated 14A for violence, nudity, and disturbing content in a documentary context