COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama. While working on a play, a young actress (Helena Howard) finds her mental health suffering when she begins to take the performance too personally.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, profanity, vulgar expressions, and sexual slurs
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand violence - no blood or detail
- Infrequent buttock and female frontal nudity in a non-sexual context
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in a recreational context
- Artistic expression
- Commitment and dedication
- Mental illness
Rated PG for coarse language