COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama. A New York City jeweler (Adam Sandler) places a series of high-stakes bets while he avoids his gambling addiction and the bookies that he owes (Eric Bogosian, Keith Williams Richards).
- Pervasive use of the sexual expletive and variations, some in a sexual context; frequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions; infrequent use of ethno-cultural, sexual, and developmental slurs
- Infrequent use of sexual language and references – some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand, weapons, and gun violence - blood and detail; infrequent portrayals of accidental injury – blood and gory detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual activity – no nudity, some detail
- Infrequent portrayals of alcohol, tobacco, and illegal substance use in a recreational context
- Risk and reward
- Greed and ego
- Chaos and escalation
Rated 14A for coarse language and violence