COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Filipino/English-language Documentary. Filmmaker Steven de Castro travels to Manilla, Philippines and embeds himself in the New People's Army, an organization classified as a terrorist group by the CIA.
- Infrequent use of the sexual expletive in a non-sexual context; infrequent use of scatological slang, cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent depictions of gun violence in a civil unrest context - no blood, little detail
- Infrequent references to sexual assault - little detail
- Infrequent depictions of tobacco use; infrequent references to drug use
- Commitment to a cause
- Oppression and revolution
- Perspectives on civil rights
Rated PG for coarse language and mature subject matter in a documentary context