COVID-19 response: Movie theatres allowed to reopen
Stage 2 of Alberta’s Relaunch Strategy began on June 12, 2020. Movie theatres are permitted to reopen if they have physical distancing requirements and other public health guidelines in place.
Theatres and other movie venues, otherwise known as exhibitors, are encouraged to review these relaunch guidance documents developed by Alberta Health:
- Guidance for Movie Theatres (PDF, 294 KB)
- General relaunch guidance (PDF, 185 KB)
- other applicable Alberta Health guidance found at Alberta Biz Connect
For questions about the guidance resources, email email@example.com.
For general information, visit COVID-19 info for Albertans.
Drama. A young, married woman (Theresa Russell) and a psychiatrist (Art Garfunkel) have a destructive love affair.
- Frequent use of the sexual expletive, most in a sexual context; infrequent use of cursing, profanity, and vulgar expressions
- Infrequent portrayals of hand-to-hand violence in a domestic context – no blood, little detail
- Infrequent portrayals of sexual assault - breast, buttock, and female frontal nudity and detail
- Frequent portrayals of sexual activity - breast, buttock, and female frontal nudity and detail
- Frequent portrayals of alcohol and tobacco use in an addiction context; infrequent portrayals of prescription drug abuse in an overdose context – blood and detail
- Complexities of relationships
- Jealousy and obsession
Rated 18A for frequent sexual content and substance abuse, and for some sexual violence